Mission & Vision
Hospitality House is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit community shelter for the Homeless in Nevada County funded primarily by individual donations. The year-round shelter is a no tolerance safe haven; those seeking shelter at Hospitality House are offered three meals, along with laundry and shower facilities. Hospitality House is committed to ending homelessness by providing intensive case management services to all its guests. Seventy-five percent of our guests move out of homelessness into permanent housing.
The mission of Hospitality House is to provide the homeless with a compassionate place of rest, sustenance, dignity and hope.
We do this by:
- providing pathways to independence;
- providing temporary, overnight housing/shelter;
- partnering with faith communities, social service agencies, and the general public;
- fostering dignity; providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support;
- serving all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, family status, or disability;
- advocating for low income housing; supporting those who seek permanent housing; serving Nevada County.
Our Core Organizational Values
Home is where the hearts is. Because we all long for warmth, comfort, and safety, few losses strike more deeply into our lives than the loss of home. At Hospitality House, our hearts are with the homeless.
- We show compassionate behavior toward all people at all times.
- We work supportively with one another in a spirit of mutual appreciation for talents and abilities.
- We dedicate ourselves to the mission of the organization, manifesting in practical actions that turn short-and long-term goals into realities.
- We practice careful, sincere, and respectful listening that leads to mutual understanding, consensus building, and organizational stability.
- We strive for the courage and integrity to uphold the civil rights of all, even when doing so may offend those who are opposed to upholding such rights.
- We practice competent decision making in all areas that sustain the organization over time.
- We participate in extensive community involvement in a spirit of radical inclusiveness.