The Impact of Your Donations
Hospitality House Community Shelter began as a grassroots effort when a handful of concerned people started working to make sure men, women and children in our community were not left without shelter. We have been providing this service now for 8 years. The shelter relies on the kindness and generosity of thousands of supporters to make its services successful.
Hospitality House is truly a community partnership — it could not operate without those who share their time and money so that the neediest among us have a place of hope.
“As Utah Phillips used to say, “Never put a wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” For many homeless people in our community, Hospitality House is the difference between hope and utter desolation. We’re there for them in these harsh times when the services they depend on are being cut back or completely eliminated. Utah’s Place is our chance to take a huge step forward in offering them food, shelter and expert individualized casework in one stable, year-round environment. Please give generously—even courageously!—to this important effort. As always, we count on you.” Co-Founder and former Board President Joanna Robinson ~
Just to give you an idea of the kind of impact your donation makes:
- The shelter provides approximately 15,000 bed nights and serves about 45,000 hot meals to over 380 individuals each year.
- The shelter’s staff of 15 is supplemented by more than 300 community volunteers who donate a combined 21,000 hours of time each year.
- Outreach Case Managers made 2707 contacts with 176 homeless individuals. Outreach Case Managers connect with homeless individuals not staying at Hospitality House.
- Over 500 medical exams provided at our weekly onsite medical clinic.
- The shelter is a private nonprofit agency that receives 75% of its annual operating budget from community members and community-based groups and 25% from government sources.
To meet our guests, see the Our Guests page.
The links in the drop-down menus above provide information about how you can join the family of volunteers, donors, and supporters who have made our shelter a model of community compassion.
Thank you for your support in continuing to build our shelter into a place of hope and possibility for those who have nowhere else to turn.