Programs & Services
How the Welcome Center operates:
The Welcome center serves homeless individuals and families in our community by providing a place to shower, do laundry, eat lunch and receive case management. Guests are invited to check in each day after completing the registration process (which includes showing proof of a negative TB test or signing up for testing at the center). Each day our guests must check in by 4:00 for admittance to the shelter. Upon sign-in guests sign up for daily chores and adults must consent to an alcohol breath-test or random or suspicion-based drug testing as a condition of admittance to the shelter. We are a zero- tolerance shelter. Guests can leave their belongings for the night in a bin in a locked room. Guests must agree to the Hospitality House rules and regulations while at the center and our host facilities. Our Welcome Center is the two-story house located right next to the Grass Valley United Methodist Church.
We are located at 230 South Church Street in Grass Valley.
- Emergency overnight shelter
- Hot meals served daily
- Weekly medical clinic and referral services
- Mobile dental clinic
- Free eye exams/glasses referrals
- On site TB testing and flu shots
- On site mental health and substance abuse screenings
- Case management
- Public assistance screenings
- Showers and laundry
- Free clothing, shoes, bedding, change of clothes, coats, hygiene products
- Recreation and community-building such as daily house meetings, movies, games, and cards
- Bus passes for those that qualify
- Life skills and personal life-enhancing activities/plans
- Job counseling with assistance preparing resumes, interview skills and job search.
- Crisis support