Following is an up-to-date list of most needed items:
Ways to Serve Our Homeless Friends
Are you looking for ways to help people who are homeless?
Here are some choices . . .
Most Urgently Needed Items at the Shelter (as of April 26, 2019):
- Men’s jeans, sizes 34-38
- Men’s t-shirts, sizes L & XL
- Men’s deodorant
- Day packs (school backpacks)
MORE WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
1. Adopt a night for $395 and provide the most basic food and shelter for 54 people.
2. Buy gift cards to local fast food or coffee cards for sustenance and a place out of the rain. Drop them off to Utah’s Place at 1262 Sutton Way.
3. Volunteer at Bread & Roses Thrift to help sort donations.
4. Run a unique class or offering (can be a one-time offering or on-going). Call Frank at 615.0805 with questions or to sign up.
5. Bring a pound of ground coffee or box of protein bars. Drop them off to Utah’s Place at 1262 Sutton Way.
1. Do a “Saturday Sort” at Bread & Roses Thrift with a group of friends. Call Frank at 615.0805 with questions or to sign up.
2. Purchase and deliver a hot breakfast for 69 people (Please call ahead so we know you’re coming!) or consider joining our cooking club and cook once a month with a group of friends or organization.
Meals needs to be prepared in a commercial kitchen so we can comply with the Environmental Health Code. It can be purchased at a deli, restaurant or catering company (i.e. breakfast burritos from Safeway Deli)
3. Adopt a night for $395 and provide the most basic food and shelter for 54 people.
Contact Ashley at 530.615.0852 or at email@example.com with questions.
For clothing donations: Please bring high-quality clothing donations to Bread & Roses Thrift (at 840 East Main), the Hospitality House thrift store. Items will be sorted there and appropriate clothing will be taken to the shelter for guests.
You can also donate by purchasing items from our Amazon Wish List!
If you have blankets or the shelter’s most urgently needed items, you can drop them off at Utah’s Place, located at 1262 Sutton Way between 9:00 a.m. and 12 p.m., Monday through Friday, and after 2:30 p.m. on weekends. For other items that may help our shelter guests or support our operations, we kindly ask that you bring them to our thrift store, Bread & Roses Thrift & More, located at 840 E Main Street, Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bread & Roses is equipped with a team of wonderful volunteers who sort every donation upon arrival—both for the store and for the shelter. Items placed for sale at the store support the shelter’s operations. Guests at the shelter are also given free shopping vouchers to pick out the items they need most in the store
1262 Sutton Way
Grass Valley, CA 95945