Thank you to those of you who dropped off art supplies, deodorant and an iPad. Now I know you are out there listening
And down to the nitty gritty needs of the shelter for THIS week . . .
– More women’s deodorant please!
– Extra-large hoodie
– Photographer to do a 6-8 week project with our shelter guests
– Mens pants, sizes 30-36
– Fertilizer or compost for our garden beds out front. One of our case managers is leading the charge on getting those planted for fresh summer produce in the shelter. If you can bring fertilizer or compost or want to sponsor it, call 615.0852.
– Art supplies, specifically any size Mason jars with or without lids, paint cleaner and craft or elmers glue for a therapeutic art class.
– Empty notebooks or composition books for a creative writing class
Drop off your donations at Utah’s Place, located in Brunswick Basin, past the DMV, at 1262 Sutton Way.
Thank you to all you hard-working cooks who prepared dinner at the shelter this week: Telestream, St. Ptrick’s Church, Beverly’s Bible Study, Jazzercise class and Crossroads Church!
On another note: Bread & Roses Thrift Store is having their 50% sale tomorrow, Saturday, from noon until 6pm. We need your donations as you do your spring cleaning or downsize. That’s just another way to help people struggling with homelessness! You can drop off donations behind Bread & Roses Thrift, Tuesday-Saturday, noon-5pm and shop the 50% sale on Saturday!
And finally, you will hear about the NUJAZZ ALTERNATIVE VIRTUAL ORCHESTRA show coming up next Wednesday, May 9, at the Nevada Theater. It is a benefit for Hospitality House. Get your tickets at the door or at BriarPatch for the May 9 show.