Mission & Vision
Mission and Vision
Hospitality House is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit emergency shelter and housing provider, serving low-income and homeless residents of Nevada County. Hospitality House bridges the gap between homelessness and housing by offering shelter, housing resources, and a variety of wraparound services designed to help residents transition from homelessness to housing. Hospitality House envisions a community where accessible, permanent housing is available to all in Nevada County.
The mission of Hospitality House is to provide pathways to permanent housing by compassionately bringing homeless people in Nevada County into a circle of community caring that offers shelter, housing resources, sustenance, opportunity, dignity, and hope as we assist them in transitioning from homelessness to housing.
To empower homeless people and those at-risk of homelessness with the tools needed to overcome the barriers that prevent them from securing or sustaining homes. We advocate for greater community support and optimize resources dedicated to those without homes. We respect diversity and serve all individuals by providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support.
Our Core Organizational Values
Home is where the heart is. Because we all long for warmth, comfort, and safety, few losses strike more deeply into our lives than the loss of home. At Hospitality House, our hearts are with our homeless community.
• We show compassionate behavior toward all people at all times.
• We work supportively with one another in a spirit of mutual appreciation for talents and abilities.
• We dedicate ourselves to the mission of the organization, manifesting in practical actions that turn
short- and long-term goals into realities.
• We practice careful, sincere, and respectful listening that leads to mutual understanding,
consensus building, and organizational stability.
• We strive for the courage and integrity to uphold the civil rights of all, even when doing so may
offend those who are opposed to upholding such rights.
• We practice competent decision making in all areas that sustain the organization over time.
• We participate in extensive community involvement in a spirit of radical inclusiveness.
Get in Touch
1262 Sutton Way
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Shelter Line: (530) 271-7144