A little info about Utah’s Place
Utah’s Place has space for fifty-four guests to sit in comfort, for families to have their own private space, and for powerful new programs to develop and flourish. Specifically, our Shelter features:
- A Pathways to Housing room dedicated to services helping people to find homes, including caseworkers helping with individualized housing plans, temporary financial aid (for rental costs and utilities), and connection to low-income housing opportunities (open to all homeless people in the county).
- The Pathways to Housing room is equipped with computers for life skills classes, including career planning, work habits, communication, money management, self-care, and homelessness recovery.
- Ample space for job-readiness workshops/skills offered by local service agencies and community members (resumes, interview skills, etc.).
- A room where housing case managers meet with individuals and their families.
- A commercial kitchen and food preparation job-training program for guests.
- Space for onsite AA and NA meetings.
- A private room for families with children.
- Bunk Beds.
- Multiple showers, laundry room.
- A medical office and designated space for mobile medical clinic.
- Space for community members to offer art, music, and other participatory/instructional opportunities.
- A bus stop almost outside our door.
- A 975-square-foot vegetable garden (planned for spring 2014) .