Donate Food, Clothes, or Other Items
Most Urgently Needed Items at the Shelter (as of July 30, 2020):
Now down to the nitty gritty needs of the shelter for this week…
• Men’s body spray
• Men’s & Women’s shorts and tank tops
• Tylenol (not ibuprofen)
• Adult coloring books
• Colored pens and pencils
• Any crafts that can be done by one person
• Shampoo and conditioner, regular sizes
• Bottled water
• Guitar picks
Anyone who has upgraded their personal assist devices, and have old ones just lying in their dresser drawer, please consider donating these gently used items:
• Diabetes test kits (Glucose meter & test strips)
• Hearing aids, any condition
• Eyeglasses, any kind
We will be delighted to have these items for repurposing to any shelter guests with those specific needs.
Please drop off t urgent items at Utah’s Place, located at 1262 Sutton Way between 9:00 a.m. and 12 p.m., Monday through Friday, and after 2:30 p.m. on weekends. Due to COVID-19, we are temporarily not accepting clothing or used blankets at this time.
To slow the spread of COVID-19, we are also collecting related preventive supplies. See the full list.
Thank you for your help.
Call the Hospitality House Kitchen Manager, Chris Fagen at 530.615.0804 or drop off unopened food at Utah’s Place. 1262 Sutton Way, Grass Valley. Because of health codes, we cannot accept expired canned goods, home-baked items or food items from an event that have been opened.
More Ways to Help:
1. Adopt a night for $395 and provide the most basic food and shelter for 54 people.
2. Buy gift cards to local fast food or coffee cards for sustenance and a place out of the rain. Drop them off to Utah’s Place at 1262 Sutton Way.
3. Volunteer to further the efforts of Hospitality House.
4. Run a unique class or offering (can be a one-time offering or on-going). Call the Volunteer Manager at 615.0805 with questions or to sign up.
5. Bring a pound of ground coffee or box of protein bars. Drop them off to Utah’s Place at 1262 Sutton Way.
1. Do a “Saturday Sort” at Bread & Roses Thrift with a group of friends. Call the Volunteer Manager at 615.0805 with questions or to sign up.
2. Purchase and deliver a hot breakfast for 69 people (Please call ahead so we know you’re coming!) or consider joining our cooking club and cook once a month with a group of friends or organization. Meals needs to be prepared in a commercial kitchen so we can comply with the Environmental Health Code. It can be purchased at a deli, restaurant or catering company (i.e. breakfast burritos from Safeway Deli)
3. Adopt a night for $395 and provide the most basic food and shelter for 69 people.
Support Us on Amazon
Shop on smile.amazon.com and select Foothill House of Hospitality as your charity of choice to automatically have a percentage of every purchase donated to our shelter.
1262 Sutton Way
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Shelter Line: (530) 271-7144