Donate Food, Clothes, or Other Items
Most Urgently Needed Items at the Shelter (as of Sept. 13, 2019):
- Men’s jean, sizes 34/34, 36/34
- Men’s boxer shorts, sizes M & L
- Women’s T- shirts, sizes L
- Women’s sneakers, sizes 8 – 10
- Women’s jeans, sizes 8 – 10
- Cotton socks
- Fitted twin sheets -only
Please drop off these urgent items at Utah’s Place, located at 1262 Sutton Way between 9:00 a.m. and 12 p.m., Monday through Friday, and after 2:30 p.m. on weekends.
Additional Clothing, Furniture or Housewares:
With the exception of urgently needed items, for all other items that may benefit a homeless guest or our shelter operations, we kindly ask that you bring them to our thrift store, Bread & Roses Thrift & More, located at 840 E Main Street, Tuesday – Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bread & Roses is equipped with a team of wonderful volunteers who sort every donation upon arrival—both for the store and for the shelter. Items placed for sale at the store support the shelter’s operations. Guests at the shelter are also given free shopping vouchers to pick out the items they need most in the store.
Call the Hospitality House Kitchen Manager, Chris Fagen at 530.615.0804 or drop off unopened food at Utah’s Place. 1262 Sutton Way, Grass Valley. Because of health codes, we cannot accept expired canned goods, home-baked items or food items from an event that have been opened.
More Ways to Help:
1. Adopt a night for $395 and provide the most basic food and shelter for 54 people.
2. Buy gift cards to local fast food or coffee cards for sustenance and a place out of the rain. Drop them off to Utah’s Place at 1262 Sutton Way.
3. Volunteer at Bread & Roses Thrift to help sort donations.
4. Run a unique class or offering (can be a one-time offering or on-going). Call the Volunteer Manager at 615.0805 with questions or to sign up.
5. Bring a pound of ground coffee or box of protein bars. Drop them off to Utah’s Place at 1262 Sutton Way.
1. Do a “Saturday Sort” at Bread & Roses Thrift with a group of friends. Call the Volunteer Manager at 615.0805 with questions or to sign up.
2. Purchase and deliver a hot breakfast for 69 people (Please call ahead so we know you’re coming!) or consider joining our cooking club and cook once a month with a group of friends or organization. Meals needs to be prepared in a commercial kitchen so we can comply with the Environmental Health Code. It can be purchased at a deli, restaurant or catering company (i.e. breakfast burritos from Safeway Deli)
3. Adopt a night for $395 and provide the most basic food and shelter for 69 people.
Support Us on Amazon
Shop on smile.amazon.com and select Foothill House of Hospitality as your charity of choice to automatically have a percentage of every purchase donated to our shelter. You can also donate by purchasing items from our Amazon Wish List!
1262 Sutton Way
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Shelter Line: (530) 271-7144