Homeless Outreach Transportation (HAT) ProgramProudly providing FREE transportation to homeless and low-income residents of Nevada County
Homeless Outreach Transportation (HAT) Program
Lack of transportation is a known barrier preventing people from accessing essential services, such as food, shelter and medical. The HAT program at Hospitality House was established out of need in 2018. Funded through private donations, contracts and grants, ongoing free transportation is offered to homeless and low-income residents of Nevada County to improve the quality of life and help people access services needed for sustainability and/or housing.
Calls for service are coordinated on a first-come, first-serve basis. To request transportation support, please call (530) 615-7609 and (530) 615-8411. Outreach support can also be achieved by calling Hospitality House’s Homeless Outreach and Medical Engagement (HOME) team at (530) 470-2686. Additionally questions? Please call us at (530) 271-7144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past and Present Partners of HAT include:
- NEW PARTNER 2023: Agency on Aging Area 4 (AAA4) – extended transportation support to older adults age 60 and up
- NEW PARTNER 2023: FREED for Independent Living
- California Department of Housing Community Development – Emergency Solutions Grant Program
- County Medical Services Program Local Indigent Care Needs
- County of Nevada
- United Way of Nevada County
- Private donors
Get in Touch
1262 Sutton Way
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Shelter Line: (530) 271-7144